Saturday, April 30, 2011

EP Progress 10

Reverb Equalization. Not incredibly important, but very useful to clean up your mix. Thankfully, parallel processing makes it simple. Route the reverb to its own dedicated mix channel and EQ it.

This week I've been working on the final track to the EP. It's still early days for this track. In fact, I wrote this song as a sort of spin-off from The Fall, but then it evolved. I added new bits, and now it sounds absolutely nothing like the idea genesis. This track is total experimentation.

I started with a basic piano bass-line ghost track. Added a crazy experimental beat using samples. Then started tacking on bits of other songs I'd been working on. And it sounds ok. It's weird, but I like weird. I'll keep working on it.

I wonder if, by the time I'm finished this EP, a year will have passed. I think that's ok, isn't it? There are no rules after all. Actually, I think that's pretty normal. Lots of great bands can take 2-4 years to do a full album. A few months ago, I met a guy at a music producers conference who had been working on his album for 10 years. 10 years!! That's possibly a little too long.

I'm hopeful of getting a job this week. Fingers crossed.

Ergo out.
My little M-Audio Oxygen8 v2. A producers must have. Great portability.
M-Audio, please sponsor me...    :)

No comments:

Post a Comment