Tuesday, January 18, 2011

EP Progress 2

A few bits and pieces to report. I've finished the core elements of my third song this morning. I'm really happy with it. Now I just need to put the vocals in. 

I'm pretty sure this track will be titled 'Get up and skate girls!'. I might change it if it doesn't work for the finished product though. I got the inspiration for the song from a street mural. I may use this picture for the song artwork, since I can have artwork attached to each song on the EP. So then if you listen to the EP on an electronic player, like an iPhone or something, the art will match the song playing. I saw that Trent Reznor did that for the NIN album 'The Slip'. It was the first album I'd even seen someone do that. Yep so, anyway, this 3rd song won't release as a single. It will join the other 4 tracks on the EP which will be released for FREE. Yes, free. 

I'm actually really happy with the idea of releasing it for free. It's sort of liberating in a way. Just knowing that anyone who wants to listen can. I've been thinking about ideas for the website. I'm preferring the idea of having a single page with a graphic, the download button, and a donate button. Nothing else to click or interact with. Just really simple. I hope that people will be coming for the music, not the website. 

Get up and skate girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment