Tuesday, January 11, 2011

EP Progress 1

So what do you guys think about in the shower? Aside from the obvious sexual fantasies you all have. Don't deny it!

I've been working on my tracks and I find that, after a good sleep, in the morning shower I write songs in my head. I've had this partial tune in my head for sometime, but have struggled to get inspiration to complete it. Finally this morning, in the shower, I completed the tune. I mean that now it actually sounds like a song concept I can build as opposed to a little tune you'd whistle in the street. That got me thinking, I wonder what other people think up in the shower?

Ok, so anyway, this new song will be the 5th and last song on the EP. I want it to be ultra epic. Something that leaves people in awe, speechless. Something that leaves them wanting more. Or wanting to play the whole EP over again. I'll work on it today and see how I go. I play the first 4 tracks to myself all the time. I love the way they flow, undulate, through the EP. Tracks 3 and 4 only contain the basic elements, but the effect of the music is there.

I've also had a few job interviews over the new year. I really need a job, pronto. Zero money is not a cool way to be. Hopefully I get something really soon. Fingers crossed.

Oh, and happy new year to everybody!  :)

1 comment:

  1. Happy new year EA. The shower thinking process must be a guy thing. I only ever think about waking up unless it is late in the morning and then I admire the way the sun's rays reflect off the beads of water as they fall from above me. A bath, on the other hand, is a different story...

    An epic song to complete the EP? Apt. Now I have the Faith No More song Epic in my head - have a listen to that - it may well inspire you.

    ReplyDelete