Saturday, October 16, 2010

Alternate project

Distribution of my second track, I Feel Alive, is nigh. And with that, I've decided to try my hand at a new project.

One of my mates was listening to my stuff, and said to me, "hey why don't you make something like the Barbara Streisand song?". I was like, whaaaaat are you talking about. He didn't mean a song by Barbara, but rather about her. There is this weird song by Duck Sauce going around on the YouTubes at the moment where they just say "Barbara Streisand" in comedial ways. Yes, a gimmick. But I imagine 15 year old's love it.

So my mate said "why not do something stupid like this song, and just change the lyrics to another name". I laughed. Initially I thought the idea was ridiculous. But now, maybe not so. So, I going to run an adaption of this idea for a week or two, and see what happens...


1 comment:

  1. I don't know about this one. You have a distinctive sound. It would be a shame to dilute that from a marketing point of view with side projects that are not a good match for your sound. Maybe it is just me but strong branding is important for an artist.

    ReplyDelete