Monday, November 15, 2010

Philosophical Rant 4

This might sound weird, but I found a zen place in my heart for my music today. You know, I think I've been rattled by the world and various circumstances for a long time. The same circumstances that lead to me quitting my job I think. I had really lost that stability of mind that I'm normally used to. I'd normally consider myself to be a very stable person. But not of late. Not for a while. And I think I understand it all now. I think I've been doing this because I had lost hope in just about everything, except music. I've been clutching onto it like a lifeline.

But today, and I don't know why this day in particular, I suddenly have new hopes. And I suppose that has set free the musical side of me. I don't need to clutch onto it so tightly anymore. Already, this is making me think in new ways about my music. New genres. New beats. That's so weird. It's amazing how state of mind is so closely linked to music. I mean, that's not weird, but it's like the bond between them is almost like they are the same thing.

During this whole time of composing and producing music, I've never once picked up a guitar and just jammed with myself or with someone else. Isn't that strange? For 4 months I've been producing music, but not once have I just strummed a guitar for the sake of it. You know, just to reflect and enjoy the sound of the strings. Today, I'm going to do that. Just strum some random stings for the hell of it.

Ok, I'm weirding myself out now. Time to stop.

1 comment:

  1. Glad the journey is delivering you hope. It is also important to have a lifeline when you feel devoid of such a thing - music for you (writing for me). Strum that guitar - it will be cathartic.

    ReplyDelete