Tuesday, March 29, 2011

EP Progress 8

Songwriting can be so frustrating sometimes. I spent the better part of a week trying to put together 'Vassal', a new song I've been working on. It was sort of an experiment using a part of my software that I haven't used before. 'Blocks'. Using blocks to build songs. More info is here if you're interested.

Anyway, so after a while I decided that I absolutely HATE the song, and it will never see the light of day. Block music is perhaps better suited to repetitive styles. I dunno.

So I've moved onto one of the older songs that I began writing a little while ago. I think I had draft titled it '21st century love song'. It's in the style of underwater rock. Kind of melancholy but also rocks out, old school style. Hopefully it adds a nice contrast, and something new, to the song styles I've already used. Bowie-like.   :)

Oh, and I also started working on my Ergo Alt website. Sneak peak below. The little booklet will be visually interactive, sort of. There's still a lot of work to do on it. I also recently discovered bandcamp which I'll probably use to distribute my music too.

In other news, my friend Amy, who now has a cool blog, is going full speed ahead with her EP. She wants it completed by June. Indie pop is usually pretty simple music so she can probably do it. I think she still wants me to help produce it. Unless she wins lotto and can hire a pro audio engineer. She also picked up a bit of work making the music for an iPhone game which is really cool. She'll be a very busy bee for a few months.

No comments:

Post a Comment