Thursday, August 5, 2010

Early workings of Song 1


Hey everyone! Here's a tiny insight into the inner workings of the software I'm using to produce my album. Also, you get to hear a snippet of the first song I'm writing, recording and producing. Obviously, its still early days for this song I'm showing you, but it will give you a taste for things to come.

Simultaneously recording video, my voice, and playing back 50 recorded tracks was a bit of a stretch for my computers brain so the sound quality suffered. (My computer should have studied harder at Uni and not partied so much!) Also blogger appears to have compressed the video.

But anyway, this will give you a rough idea of how it all works.

So what I've shown here is only scratching the surface of what I'm able to do with this software, its seriously incredible stuff. It's kinda like "how deep does the rabbit hole go"....  I really only know the basics so far and I'm learning so much new stuff every day. Very cool!

And yes, that guitar does sound a lot like Edge from U2. I totally stole his sound, MU HA HAAA! But don't worry, this song will sound absolutely nothing like U2 when I'm done. Not that it would be a bad thing if my finished songs sound even remotely like U2!   :)


2 comments: