Monday, August 2, 2010

First Post

So. First step. I quit my job. Yeah, you heard right. To cut a long story short, I hated my job. One day, I was sitting at my desk and thought 'what the hell am I doing here'. Watching myself rot away at a desk in a Melbourne city office. Turning 30 etc. Wondering whether I'll ever get a chance to pursue my real passions. Fuck that. My true love has always been music. It's simple really. Not sure why I didn't do this before. Have I gone mental? Maybe. But who cares. I'm happy. For now. Or maybe I'm just a whiny, ungrateful little bitch who needs a good slap. Ha ha.

Here's a pic of me on my 30th birthday.
Yay for me turning 30... whatever.
 
So here we go, try to produce an album. By myself. God help me. I guess I'm hoping to discover something along the way. What? Who knows. But here goes. I've been off work about 3 weeks now already...

At least I might discover some good lyrics while I'm writing this crappy blog. Noone will read it anyway. It might help me get through this hell.

So I know plenty about music. I played classical piano for 10 years. Guitar too in jazz bands for many years. Bass Guitar in a rock band for a few years. I left it all to work as an Engineer after Uni. Got my degree, worked for a few years, then had my little mental breakdown.

I did a bit of amateur stuff on my computer when I was 23 or so. It was ok. Pretty amateur, but the sequencing software was pretty crude. I used Cool Edit Pro 2 to put it together. I was just learning everything. I think its still on the internet somewhere...

Holy shit its still there! Have a listen if you want.
http://www.mp3.com.au/artist.asp?id=17187

Player VS Player. That's what I called myself. I'll come up with a new name I suppose. You can't google that name and find a band. Damn you video game industry!!

Anyway, blah blah, you get the gist. Time to stop writing bullshit and get to writing music.

In my next post, I'll write about by digital studio setup. Yes, it will be really fucking boring shit for most people. But for the budding young start-ups out there interested in producing their own music, they might find it interesting, you just never know.

No comments:

Post a Comment