Thursday, August 26, 2010

Song 1 - Completed recording parts

The parts that I need are in there...

Can you believe it? I completed singing the vocal parts that I need to compile Song 1 today. Pretty awesome. I'm having a beer right now to celebrate. Song 1 is still some way from being finished but everything I need is in the computer. That's a big milestone. In all, i probably sang 300 vocal parts. Maybe more. Of which, only 30 will be used. That's the way it goes. I record 90 percent crap, but the rest, that 10 percent of gold, goes on the track for your listening pleasure.

Next task will be to manipulate the waveforms of my voice, so they sound plush as possible. Then add stereo effects, and then rack effects (like reverbs, delays and stuff). Then mixing, mastering.... and so forth. It sounds like a big job, but it will probably only take a few days.

That means that a first draft cut of Song 1 is about a week away...

So, then what? I've got a some friends lined up to test the song on. They will listen and give me feedback. The things I'll want to know are: How does the song feel overall? Does it flow well? Any highlights or favourite parts? Stuff like that. What I'm hoping for is that they will pick parts they like or don't, and then I can modify the bits that don't work with special effects to cover up the fact that they didn't work. I won't alter them significantly, it would take too long. Its a screening process to figure out when people get bored while listening. I want them to stay as interested as possible for as long as possible...

Back to my beer...  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment