Wednesday, September 8, 2010

The Fall (Single) - Finished

This is a pretty exciting day. The Fall is finished. I'm listening to it on my iPhone now, product testing I suppose you could call it. I'm gunna mix it in with some other tracks and stuff, see how it sounds amongst other music.

At the moment, very stoked about it.

Also, I decided on an artist name. It will be Ergo Alt. It took days to come up with that, which is seriously sad. But there are so many bands out there, there's hardly any names left. I googled and myspaced Ergo Alt which came up with nothing, so the name is free. I like it too. It carries a bit of futurism philosophy and is also a bit dark and mysterious, like my music. 

HUGE thanks to Berlintapes (http://www.flickr.com/photos/berlintapes/) for supplying the cover art photo!!!! It looks great. I added my logo and the single name. The cover art looks cool on an iPhone. I noticed that the text 'The Fall' reflects on the bottom of the screen under the play controls, a totally unintended cool thing done by the phone.

I've kept the text really large, given that I'm breaking into music, so I need people to see the name. The cover is basically advertising. I'm no Radiohead yet, can't just do random cool art, coz people won't know what it is. So, huge font, Ergo Alt - The Fall.

Now I'll listen to the song a few times and decide if it needs tweaking. Then I'll work on getting it distributed.


2 comments: