Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Song 2 - Progress

Still working on this track. Managed to find a bass sound, but not using a bass. Instead, I patched two different pianos into a mixer, panning them right and left, and then the put the result through a bass amplifer. The clanging piano bass strings fit the song perfectly.

Following discovery of this new bass sound, I completed the bass track. I'm almost finished laying down the mini orchestra that I've devised. Primary its four violins and a chello, sourced from a multitude of samples, with a bit of orchestral percussion. I love the violins, they are so 'me'. Classical music is in my blood, and it comes out in the complexity of my songs.

I was hoping to finish this track by the end of this week, but that's looking highly unlikely.

That's all I got for now.

Dueling pianos

No comments:

Post a Comment